My spam filter, Akismet, generally does a pretty good job in sorting out the trash. Occasionally, however, it gets overzealous and traps legitimate comments, some even from regulars on my blog. I’ve learned to sift through my spam bin before emptying it.
The vast majority of the disposable comments, I’ve discovered, are in Russian; consist of long lists of links, many pornographic; or are just gibberish consonants with gibberish consonant links (do vowels cost more?).
But some spammers make an attempt to seem legitimate in order to slip past the filter, down to casual punctuation and even emoticons. To wit:
- Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…
- Nice piece of facts that you’ve got in this website submit. Hope I can get some much more of this stuff on your weblog. I’ll occur back.
- I am doing research for my college thesis, thanks for your brilliant points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.
- I’m pretty psyched that I stumbled across your website. Lots of quality information here, I have bookmarked it and look forward to visiting daily. Keep up the good work!
- Now after which I’ll stumble across a article like this and I’ll recall that there really are still exciting pages …
This one even refers to specific tags:
- Good molly Will My Dog Hate Me? , i comment your blog , be a nice blog and useful. Good for everyone. useful Dog Dressing and Doggie Dementia content. i will plan to read and review your blog.
Semi-flattering, advice-seeking spam
- It was rather interesting for me to read the article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon. BTW, rather good design this site has, but don’t you think design should be changed every few months? I mean it
- Fellow, I am searching the internet and find some considerate communications make good as forums, blogs. Could you give me some suggestion?
- Hello! I am reading your posts for some weeks now. I have to admit that it is very easy to read. It is already added in my favourite list and i will try to follow it when possible . Thanks for the inputs . Moreover , i really like your template and how you have structured your categories/menus . Is it possible to tell me the name of your template ? Thanks
- I suppose it depends on how you look at it. There’s usually another way.
- Valium is used in unique medical situations as well, such as during legal executions. Many physicians prescribe Valium to patients before medical procedures to help tame anxiety that is common before hand.
Oh, spammers! I am please that you like my quality information weblog and my considerate communications, but don’t occur back later, fellow, even on sudden impulse. I don’t want to input Valium to tame my anxiety!